DENTAL EXAMS and DEEP CLEANINGS ARE A NECESSARY PART OF YOUR LIFE, AND YOUR FAMILY’S
WHY SHOULD YOU GET REGULAR DENTAL EXAMS AND DEEP CLEANINGS?
During your dental exams and cleanings, Dr. Riddle or the dental hygienist will perform the following:
- Evaluate your overall oral health and oral hygiene
- Evaluate your risk for tooth and root decay, as well as gum or bone disease
- Evaluate your need for tooth restoration or tooth replacement
- Your bite will be checked for any jaw problems
- Stains and tartar will be removed from your teeth above and below the gum line
- Your teeth will be polished
- Evaluate your need for Fluoride
- Take Digital X-Rays
Preventive dentistry helps patients avoid the costly and invasive procedures that are often needed for serious dental conditions. Maintaining dental health helps patients look and feel their best and can positively affect their overall health as well.
Preventing dental conditions requires a lifelong commitment that usually begins with the appearance of the first tooth. Children should see a dentist shortly after the emergence of teeth to begin developing proper dental hygiene habits. Parents play an important role in helping their children develop and maintain these habits throughout childhood and early adulthood.
Sharing is caring!